Nut Family

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Morgan's 6th Birthday





 
 
 
 

We have had a couple of days of celebration for Morgan's 6th birthday. We had a surprise party for her on Friday, she spent the night & went to "Build a Bear" with Grandma Karen on Friday night, Sunday we had cake & icecream, and Tuesday(her actual birthday), Morgan & I went shopping at the mall and met Jackson and Daddy for lunch. I'm a little tired. :)
My little baby is growing up. It's always kind of different on Morgan's birthday because she made me a "Mom" for the first time. Morgan has always been a little sweetheart. She has very tender feelings, and Brian has noticed that if he needs to get mad at her, or tell her something, he has to tell her very gently or her eyes fill up with tears. Morgan is a HUGE help to me! She is so good with Jackson, Hallie, & Landon. Many times I'll come in the room and she'll say, "Oh Mom, Landon was just crying, so I picked him up and changed him." She is such a good big sister, and Hallie always gets so excited to see her when she comes home from school. Morgan has a great imagination. From the time that she was 6 months old, she would just sit, and play with the toys around her and be totally entertained for hours. She does the same thing now. Many times she will come up with a new game for her and Jackson & Hallie to play. Morgan loves to color, and is always coloring rainbows & flowers. One of my favorite pictures she colored was of a picture of our family underneath the rainbow with Jesus in a red robe standing on the side of the rainbow, a little above the ground watching over our family. Morgan is very good about sharing things with the family. Any time she gets a treat she tries to share it with each of us. She is very thoughtful & loves taking care of Hallie & Landon. She has even volunteered to babysit them while Daddy & I go out... I wish she could! :) Morgan is a very good student at school. She tries really hard to be kind to others & is often the first one to volunteer to help when someone gets hurt at recess. She has such a sweet spirit, and I feel SO blessed to have her as my oldest, and a part of our family. I love her so much!



I decided to try making Morgan an apron, and to my surprise, it actually turned out really cute! I think I'm going to make one for myself now.
Thanks to our nice neighbors, Morgan got this cute princess bike. Their daughter just had a birthday & got a new bike, so they gave this one to Morgan.
Morgan wanted a Tinkerbell cake, and I think I got a little happy with the neon food coloring box. :) It turned out a lot brighter than I had planned, but she was still happy with it.
Morgan has the best primary teacher! Her teacher, Sis. Tuckett (who works at the bakery) made this BEAUTIFUL Tiana cake. Morgan was so excited & came running outside with it. It was DELICOUS! Morgan & I got our forks ready and dug right in as quickly as we could. :)

3 comments:

jen said...

Happy Happy Birthday Morgan! It looks like you had so much fun! We wish we could have been there. For some reason some of the pictures aren't working...

Morgan we're so happy you're our niece/ cousin. We love ya!!

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Happy Birthday to your cute girl, wow I can't believe you have a 6 year old :) I LOVE THAT APRON, I'M PUTTING IN AN ORDER, HOW CUTE!!!!!

The Heaton's said...

What a fun birthday! You are so talented! Love the cakes and apron! Sooo cute!