Nut Family

Friday, September 4, 2009

Will you be my friend?

Morgan is LOVING kindergarten!!! After that first little cry the first day, she has loved it. She loves her teacher & the responsibility of going to school. She comes home so happy every day, and always has a positive & happy attitude now... the sassy little girl hasn't visited our house for the last week & a half... (I'm sure she'll come around soon) :) I was kind of nervous to have her in morning kindergarten, but it is actually working really well with all 3 kids. We are all dressed and ready for the day by 8:00 and it's really nice to have a fresh start each day. My favorite thing right now is saying a prayer in the living room with the kids before we get in the van to go. I feel like it is the best thing we can do before we start the day and Morgan leaves, and it helps me be a little more calm. :) Morgan loves everything about school right now. The 2nd day of school she came home and said, "Mom, at recess, a girl asked me if I wanted to be her friend!" I asked her what she said, and she said, "I said yes!" The next day the same thing happened. She was so excited. Yesterday she came home and said, "Guess what Mom! McKenzie is my friend now!" "She is?" I said, how is she your friend? Morgan than said to me, "I just made her my friend." "How did you do that?" I asked Morgan replied, "I said will you be my friend, and she said yes!" Wouldn't it be nice if it was just as easy now as it is when your in kindergarten. You know? You see someone you like or that looks like they would be a great friend and instead of waiting to find out more about them, you just go to them and say, "Will you be my friend?" What are we so afraid of? Brian said that if someone said that to him, he would think they were a little off. :) When I told Kaylie (who is a junior in highschool) about Morgan and her friends, Kaylie wished it was that easy in highschool, especially now that she is going to a new highschool where 3 different cities have combined. Anyway, I love that Morgan is in school. When she gets out of the car she goes and gives Hallie a hug, Jackson a hug, and then me a hug and tells us all goodbye. She then runs into the school and turns back to wave. I LOVE HER!

Jackson has been COMPLETLY bored with Morgan gone. Usually I work on the computer while Hallie sleeps and Morgan is at school, but the poor kid will come and lay on the floor in the computer room looking bored out of his mind. The only thing he wants to do is watch a movie, or play PBS kids on the internet, so I try to be creative. Thankfully Pre-School starts next week, and he gets his cast off on Tuesday! Yay!!!!! I wonder what it will be like to carry him around with 20 pounds less. :)

And Miss Hallie Belle... the girl is full of it! She too loves to pose! Her favorite thing to do right now is brush her teeth, but not just at morning at night, she brushes her teeth at least 10 times a day--I am not kidding! She is constantly finding any toothbrush in the bathroom drawer, she grabs it, along with the toothpaste and comes and says, "Teeth" to me and waits for me to put some toothpaste on whichever toothbrush she has chosen at the time. We always try to close the bathroom door, and she still manages to find a random toothbrush. At least it's a good habit to start, and her breath always smells minty. :)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You have the cutest kids, just can't get over how beautiful they are! So glad Morgan is enjoying school, that is so great! Hope you are surviving!!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Sooo cute! I love the little friendships that are being formed too! So nice and easy.

Melissa said...

I'll be your friend. :) No wonder we are told to become as little children. That is so sweet. Yea, Cloey gets really bored when Katelund is at school too. Preschool has helped, now I just wish it was everyday b/c she spends Mon, Wed, and Fri whinning about wanting to be in school or wishing Katelund was already home. Apparently I am not fun enough these days. :)

Melanie said...

your kids are so dang cute! They all have such cute personalities!