Nut Family

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jackson's 1st day of Pre School

Jackson is going to the same Pre School that Morgan went to last year, and he has been really excited to start school like Morgan. He got his big backpack all ready, and even wanted to do some homework. When I dropped him off, I carried him in since his leg is still sore & he sat down and played for a little bit before the class started. I'm excited for the fun things he'll learn, and for the kids he'll meet. All of the little kids at the school looked cute, but in my mind, Jackson is the CUTEST boy ever! He is going to have such a fun year.
I left after taking this picture and quickly thought, "wow, he's old enough to be in pre-school" I can't believe my 2 oldest are in school. I'm excited for all that they will get to do this year, and at the same time... I GET "ME" TIME! Yay!!!! On Tuesdays & Thursdays Morgan and Jackson will both be in school from around 8:45-11:05 which means I get 2 hours with just Hallie, and I'm training Hallie to take her nap at that time. I was trying to decided what I should do today, as my first day with only one at home. Here were my thoughts.... "I should go back to bed & sleep (since I have been sleeping so terrible at night)," "I should lay in bed and watch a chick flick with a big bowl of ice cream (and not feel guilty at all)" :) or "maybe I should take a nice warm bubble bath & watch a movie, while eating icecream," or "maybe I should work on my secret Christmas presents since the kids aren't home." So, what do you think I did? As much as I wanted to return to my nice warm bed, (which kept saying, "Melissa, come and lay down, just close your eyes for a minute,") or go to my nice bath tub and watch a fun movie, I figured I would use the time wisely and get something done. I'm so glad I did because I got a lot done, and now instead of feeling stressed about my Christmas project, I feel excited. So maybe next week I'll be sleeping or relaxing, but for now... my motto is "I am the energizing bunny... must keep going" :)

After my 2 hours of projects, I went and picked Morgan up and then Jackson. Jackson gave me a big hug when he saw me and laid his head on my shoulder. I asked him if he had fun and he said yes. Then I put him in the car and he laid his head down like this. I could tell he was so tired. Who knew Pre-School could be so exhausting.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

Yah, preschool is hard work for these little guys! On the way home with Riley after his first day, he said " Mom, I HAVE to do my homework when I get home!" It made me laugh! I'm so glad Jackson got his cast off. Hopefully no more any time soon.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Did Jackson love it?! So cute to see him sleepy afterwards. Carson is so tired after kindergarten that one day he ASKED for a nap. Yeah!! I'm so glad you get some "me" time. You deserve it!

Kristi said...

Yay for Jackson. What a cutie!! I want to know what your secret christmas project is! :)

Inspiration Station said...

Such a cutie. W. was excited to see his picture on here. So glad he got his cast off.

The Heaton's said...

What a handsome little boy! I bet the teacher will just love him! Glad the cast came off just in time for school to start!