
Yesterday our ward had a construction Primary activity. This year we have been focusing on building stronger families. We were so excited to have these fun aprons that Home Depot donated to us. The kids loved them. We had the yellow construction hats for the leaders that my kids had to try on before the activity started. I'm not sure what look Jackson is giving. Hallie wanted to join Morgan & Jackson so we gave her an apron too. :)

Morgan wanted to pose for a picture all by herself.

Here are my sweet & amazing counselors! They do so much for me, and I couldn't have done it yesterday with out their help. They have so many good ideas & I know I can always count on them. My mind has been so spacey (?) lately, and they are always helping me remember things without feeling to dumb. :) I love each of them and I am so grateful for all they do.

We had around 55 kids come yesterday! They were all such little sweethearts, and so well behaved. When they first came they all came in the gym so I could talk to them about building. I even got to somehow strap Brian's HUGE tool belt around my belly. It was kind of nice though because it helped balance my body out. Instead of weight just in the front I had it on both sides. :) We sang "I am a builder" which is the cutest song about building families. Then they each split up into different groups with their building permits. In one room they went on a family scavenger hunt. In another room they learned about the sealing power of the temple and got to eat rice krispie treats, in another room they got to meet with Captain Moroni, who even happend to give them autographs. :) They talked about the importance of families and how they would defend their families, and then in the last room, they had a family relay race where the dad had to build using boxes, the mom had to make toast and eat it, the brother had to build a tower with blocks, the sister had to paint her fingernails (which Morgan was so excited about) and the baby had to drink a bottle and crawl across the floor. The whole activity was so fun! At the end we gathered the kids together and I told them that anyone who wanted to could come and be in a picture. I was shocked when all of the kids came over for the picture. We then sang the builders song again and we could all feel the spirit as these sweet children sang about strengthening their families. I feel so blessed to serve them in Primary. They are all such good kid & make primary & life enjoyable.

7 comments:
Looks and sounds like the activity was fun. You had some great ideas. I love the little aprons!
That is the CUTEST primary activity ever!!! What a great idea. I think I just might have to send this on to some of my friends who are in primary presidencies. I LOVE the aprons. Did you just go and ask Home Depot for them? I wonder if they would do that out here or if it just one of the advantages to living in Utah? :) Thanks for sharing this idea!!!!
oh sorry, that last comment was from Melissa. I forgot I was signed in under Cory.
that is Such a CUTE idea! I love it!!! Melissa go to my sister DI blog. Bonnie is doing a dance and I need to get this around. You'll laugh so hard...so make sure you go potty first....if you know what i mean...
LOL
Loves!
You gals did such a great job! The kids absolutely loved it! They came home and told Adam all about it! Makell couldn't stop laughing as she was trying to tell Adam she was the baby in the race! It was such a great idea about building and strengthening our families!
What a fabulous activity!! The kids LOVED IT!! Thanks for all the hard work you all put into it. The kids really learned a lot and have been talking about it for days. You guys are awesome!!
CUTE! CUTE! CUTE! Melissa have always got the cutest ideas!
Post a Comment