Nut Family

Saturday, April 11, 2009

My Funny Story

Today after the Easter Egg hunt we had a couple of errands to run, one of which was to Shopko for an Easter tie for Jackson. I told Brian I would be really quick and ran in looked for the ties, but unfortunatly they were all gone, so instead of browsing around I ran out because I knew Brian would be happy I went fast... this is the story in my version, but you'll will have to get another version of the story from 2 other people... :)

Me thinking : Brian will be so proud of me for going so quick!
I stepped outside the doors and looked to my left where Brian usually parks when I run in somewhere really quick, but he isn't there.
Me looking & thinking: Oh, there he is, he parked the van like he usually does when he thinks I'm going to be a while.
I start running to the van. I notice that the brake lights are on, and he looks like he's going to reverse, but then he sees me and stays in place.
I get to the van & swing the door open and start to get in, but then I notice something...
Me thinking: "Wow, that's a really big leg across the passenger seat. That's like 3 times the size of Brian's leg. " And then I look up and see a man that IS NOT BRIAN... unless Brian had a really quick surgery done to make him look like a BIG man.
The Man says: Oops wrong car & smiles.
Me thinking: "What? Where's Brian?"
I say: "Oh" with a confused look on my face and shut the door and leave.
At this point, Brian has seen me running, opening up some other car to get in that by the way looked THE EXACT SAME. He starts thinking & laughing "oh this is going to be good!"

I just laughed and laughed while I was in the car. I started crying and shaking because it was so funny. The poor guy... What was he thinking as some random girl gets in his car? At least he'll have a fun story to tell his family. Thankfully I didn't get in and buckle up, but if his leg wasn't in the way I might have. ;)

ha ha ha ha ha ... I hope this gives you a good holiday laugh... at my expense. :) Happy Easter!
(I wish I could get the version from the man & of course Brian. ) :)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

That is so dang funny! I would have loved to have sat back and watched that play out, and I'm sure Brian DID get a kick out of that. One time I just sat and watched as Ben walked into the ladies bathroom. Sure, I could have stopped him but what fun is that :)

Anonymous said...

Melissa, haha that is so funny, i can't stop laughing!! I am pretty sure I would be pretty embaressed!!

Alexis said...

Oh, that was great! I'm crying from laughing, I really needed that today. Sorry it was your embaressing moment, but it made my day better, thanks!!

Melanie said...

I am laughing just as hard as I was this morning after you told me! My family is thinking I am crazy because I am laughing so hard. Taylor is now yelling at me to "STOP LAUGHING!"
Melissa you are the best!

The Heaton's said...

Now that is a story! Sooooo funny! Can we request to have the store pull the outside video tape so we can see it first hand:)? lol! I sooo want to hear Brian's version! Thanks for sharing!!

The Everyday Housewife said...

Funniest story ever!! Thank goodness you noticed the leg size before you leaned in for a kiss!

Lena said...

LOL!! That is so funny!

Melissa said...

That is hilarious!! I would love to hear Brian's side of the story. At least you will always have an embarrassing moment story.

Lisa said...

ohmygosh! i almost fell over laughing! you crack me up!! that is the funniest thing i have heard in a long time

Mandi said...

That is totally "Americas funniest home videos" material. Matt had a moment like like when we were dating. we were watching a movie at my cousins house and she was like 30 with 4 kids and we were all sharing the ottoman and matt was leaning forward and started rubbing what he thought was my calf. after about a half a minute he realized it wasn't me, it was my cousin and he was way too embarrassed so he leaned back and never said a thing. neither did she. things are a little awkward even today.