Nut Family

Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Morgan!

Today Morgan is 5 years old! I still remember being pregnant with her & being so anxious to start our little family. Brian and I were so excited to bring home a baby girl & we had drawers and drawers full of little baby girl clothes from showers that I couldn't wait to try on her. :) Morgan has been so much fun! Brian says, "Every Dad needs a little girl!" He and Morgan are so close, and even though Morgan likes to be independent she still loves her Mommy & Daddy.
Here are 5 things I love about Morgan....
1. She is ALWAYS keeping Brian & I on our toes with her teasing & fun personality. She can alwasy make us smile.
2. She really has a tenderheart, and if she ever gets in trouble, we have to talk calmly to her or her eyes will fill up with tears and she'll run and throw herself on her bed and cover her head with her pillow... very dramatic :)
3. She is so thoughtful. Many times she will have a treat like cookies or candy, and she will always save it for Jackson or Daddy because she knows they will enjoy it more than she would.
4. She is such a good big sister! She is constantly taking care of Hallie & making her laugh, and she is Jackson's best friend.
5. She is a great helper around the house & brings so much happiness to our family.
After church Brian and I decorated her cake (for the family party we had last night) We wouldn't let her come into the kitchen to see it until it was all done, and she was SO excited about the rainbow cake! She draws rainbows on everything, so I knew it would be the perfect cake. She got a really happy look on her face and said, "I want to eat the five, and the cloud, and all the orange and yellow (orange is her favorite color), and..." she kept staring at it trying to decided where to dig in at. She ended up eating the 5. :)
Grandpa & Grandma Smith gave her this Fancy Nancy boa, purse & glasses. She is such a cutie & it will go perfectly with all of her dress up stuff.
Here she is with her 5! 5 years old! Wow! We are so happy to have her in our lives and are so grateful she is our little girl. Happy Birthday Princess! We love you!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

So cute! Love the cake!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MORGAN!!

canihavethisdance said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!!
I can't believe she is 5 already.
It seems like yesterday she was a little baby!

Kristi said...

5 Already?! Good grief, time flies!: ) Happy Birthday Morgan!! Very Cute Cake! Here comes the big Kindergartner!!

Melanie said...

I can't believe it has already been so long. I remember when you found out you were pregnant with her... man time flies.

Very cute cake. That is tay's favorite thing to draw and to paint, too.

very cute border around the first photo of her! I love it. YOu will have to tell me how you did that one!

jen said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!! We're happy you're family. I love the cake too. Very cute!

The Heaton's said...

So fitting! A cute cake for a cute girl! She is such a sweet girl. Happy Birthday Morgan! Hope your day was as special as you are!

Alexis said...

She really is a cutie. I love the picture that you have of her, she is so beautiful. I love the cake too, great idea.