Nut Family

Saturday, April 11, 2009

How do you discipline your kids?

Usually our kids are pretty good at going to bed. After the usual "Mommy, I need a drink" or "Daddy, but I have to go potty!" they are usually asleep every night by 7:30 which is my relaxation time and time to get things done. So last night we did the same routine, only this time, the kids did NOT want to cooperate! I tried everything (Brian was outside working on the yard) I tried soap (because Morgan was talking about boogers & being gross...which is not acceptable) :) I tried talking to them smoothly about the fun day we were going to have tomorrow and how they needed to get to sleep. I tried laying by them for a little bit and rubbing their backs... NOTHING WAS WORKING and I was getting frustrated & majorly loosing my patience! Finally after 8:45, I gave up, locked the door (they have a fan in their room, so the I turned the light off on that) and then left. I heard them a little bit and they were still talking. Finally at about 9:15, they were still awake and I told Brian they wouldn't listen to me, so it was up to him. So Brian told them that since they wouldn't listen to me and sleep in their beds, then they lost the privelage to sleep in their beds. Therefore, they each got different...uncomfortable... places to sleep.
Jackson got to sleep on the floor in Brian's closet, and Morgan got to sleep in the kids bathroom. Suprisingly they went to sleep. How uncomfortable! Hopefully this taught them something. ;)
If they would just sleep like Hallie... all would be well, other then waking up with a sore body from the postion she sleeps in. :)
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Melanie said...

hahaha. This is why I love you guys...

The Heaton's said...

Adam and I were both laughing as we read your post! Adam thought that was a great idea and is excited to try it with our kids! lol! Love the towel for a pillow:)!

Lisa said...

this is just beyond funny to me! as soon as i read this i called up my mom and couldnt stop laughing. one time when we were kids we were messing around the kitchen table, goofing off not eating our food right. my mom got so mad at us she told us if we're going to eat like animals we can do it on the floor like animals. and she made us sit on the kitchen floor with our dinner and eat it. we loved it!! and kept asking to eat on the floor.she was so irritated! i can only imagine your kiddos asking you if they can now sleep in the tub. ha!