Nut Family

Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Easter Egg Hunt

Today we took the kids to the city Easter Egg hunt. I grew up doing this every year and loved it, so I figured we better start the tradition with our kids. It was cold and rainy, and a sweet girl in Hallie's section shared her umbrella with me... how nice! So here we were, crazy parents along with all the other crazy parents there to get our kids in the rain to go after a plastic egg with one piece of candy in it. Here's Jackson & Morgan with their friend and neighbor Makell. They were really excited to begin the race. Brian took pictures of them while I went with Hallie. I love the 1-2 year old group. It is so calm, and there are tons of eggs for the kids to take their time.
At the beginning... they didn't look to happy afterward. Jackson saw a cool bike and said while almost breaking down, "But I want that bike!" Poor guy! ;)
My cute Hallie. She wasn't very interested in the eggs. I carried her out to the middle and set her down with about 10 eggs around her and she just watched everyone else, so I put some eggs in her basket and a couple on the ground for her to pick up, but she just watched me and thought I was crazy for bringing her out in the rain for some a piece of candy that was as hard as a rock. ;)
My sister was going to meet us over there with her girls but was about 3 minutes too late, so I got a egg for each of her girls (3) when I was opening them to see if there was anything we needed to claim, Brian said he kept getting dirty looks from people since I had to many eggs... but listen.. the limit was 4/ kid... which Hallie had, and the other ones were for my little nieces waiting in their car and wishing they had made it in time... of course we couldn't explain that to everyone that walked by, so they probably just think I'm the crazy lady that just does this so I can collect them all for myself. ; )
Now honestly... doesn't that bunny freak you out too? I'm sure it was a nice sweet girl underneath... but a little freaky. After Jackson couldn't get the bike I told him we were going to go and see the Easter Bunny. He was so excited until he saw the Easter Bunny and then his hands got tighter around my hand. I LOVE the look of these 2 kids next to the Easter Bunny. Maybe I shouldn't tell them he/she will be coming tonight. They are still tramatized from Uncle Jeff scaring them with a fake Santa Claus Christmas Eve. :)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I don't blame Hallie for screaming. I would be too! That bunny looks creapy!

The Heaton's said...

That is the funniest picture ever! We have some similar pictures from years past. Where was the Easter bunny? I never saw "it". Makell was so excited to gather eggs with Jackson!