After PreSchool on Thursday I decided to take the kids to the park. When I first had Hallie, I decided there was no way I would ever go anywhere with all 3 kids alone, but we somehow managed. The kids loved the park. We haven't been for a long time since Jackson broke his leg. I love this picture, because it shows how crazy they are, and their true personalities. I'm not sure if Morgan is choking Hallie, or just holding up her head. :) They are such funny kids. At one point I had all 3 kids in the swings, and a girl started talking to me. She asked me how far apart my kids were. Her kids were all really close too. One will be 3 in January, one will be 2 in February, and she is having a baby in a week. She told me, "I see you with 3 kids, and I think... hey, if she can do it, and is enjoying it, then I can too" So, yay! I CAN DO IT!!! :) I think for her, it was something she need to see as she had doubts about having her 3rd, for me, it was something I needed to hear... to know that what I am doing is really a good thing. The night before I met her, I was thinking about how I feel sometimes that I have put my hopes and dreams on hold... now don't get me wrong.. my biggest dream as a kid was to be a mom with beautiful children that I could spend tons of time with, but now, I love that more than anything, but just for the moment the other night I was having a so called pity party for myself thinking that the grass was greener on the other side of the fence. When this girl told me that she could see that "I could do it" it helped me to remember the purpose of why I am here. I am here to be a mom to these 3 beautiful and amazing children... to teach them right from wrong, to teach them who they are & where they came from, to love them, to serve them, & most importantly to teach them the gospel and help them return to our Heavenly Father, and for that I am grateful!
Here is Jackson showing off his superman powers... his muscles in other words. :)Maybe we should get him a bigger shirt! :)
My beautiful baby girl.
I can't believe she is old enough to sit in the swing. She LOVED it!




8 comments:
You are an amazing mother! I admire all you do for your family and primary!! Thank you for being such a wonderful example to all of us!!
I love the look on Hallie's face as Morgan is holding her head! So funny!! Cute kiddos!!
I think Morgan is choking Hallie. You better watch out melissa! Your kids are so adorable. Love ya...tell Brit congrads too for havin' a cute baby.
;o0
Love Ali
Too cute! You always get such cute pictures of the kids.
I love the pictures!
You are an awesome mom and are an example to many!
That picture with Morgan grabbing Hallie's chubby neck is the BEST! True sisterly love! You ARE a great mom (and Brian is a great dad, too). In fact you two jump out at people as being exceptionally wonderful parents and people!
I LOVE that first picture! ha! Yes, you are doing it! Everyone has those moments and it is nice to be reminded about what you really want and to be recognized as a success once in a while is helpful too. You are doing a very important work!
Isn't it amazing how after times of doubt, the Lord provides an opportunity for you to be reminded of the great importance of your role as a mother. That in itself should let you know what your Heavenly Father thinks about what you are doing. Thank you for the great reminder, it is easy to forget what an important job we have. You are a wonderful mother and I am sure that your cute little children are very aware of that, at least everyone else around you is.
Post a Comment