Nut Family

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

How do you eat your Reese's?

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and I took Jackson with me while my mom watched Morgan & Hallie. Jackson was SOOO good at the store, and we were there for a long time, so I let him choose a treat for him & Morgan. At first he chose the tube of M & M's and then he saw the Reese's and told me he wanted this, so I got a package for each of them. After 1 minute in the car I said, "Jackson where is your candy?" And then I realized as he didn't speak right away, that the whole 1st cup was in his mouth. I think he took one little bite and shoved the rest in. I told him to eat them slow, and after about 5 minutes in the car, both peanut butter cups were gone. He began to open up the package for Morgan to eat those and I said, "Jackson, those are for Morgan" to which he replied, "No, they are ALL for me!" I explained how that wasn't very fair to Morgan and how she would be sad, so then he told me that he would "share" with Morgan. I told him that he needed to give her the whole package, and maybe he would get another one for Halloween. He was fine with that and gladly gave Morgan her treat. Morgan eats her first cup just like a little princess... little bites at a time. :) She then has one left after about 10 minutes and I said, "Morgan, can I have a little bite?" She then told me now and I said okay and she said, " I'm saving this other one for Daddy!" I think she knows it's his favorite kind of candy bar. :) Jackson is definatly like his Daddy... chocolate is gone the moment it hits their hands, while Morgan is like me... she keeps it as long as possible, for just the right moment. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

ha! i just finished eating a handful of the mini reeses cups just before reading this. i LOVE chocolate too! you're kiddos are just too cute!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

so cute Melissa. Love you
Ali

Ben and Darci said...

I'm with Morgan...little bites at a time to make it last! My mom pops the whole thing in. Thanks for the fun the other night. I love how Brian and Ben kept sneaking more games of pool :) Thanks for the french bread recipe...hope I can do it justice!

Kristi said...

Hey I am writing to Grovel at your feet and bed for forgiveness!!! We had a Halloween Party yesterday at my mom's and you WERE invited!! BUT because of miscommunication with my siblings and I,you guys did not get your invitation. I am SO sorry! I should have just called you. SO I hope you can forgive me. :(
You look like you've been busy with those cuties. Such beauties just like their parents!!!! Love you Guys!!!

Lena said...

Okay, Peter says I eat everything in a weird way- and I kinda do. I push out the peanut butter part so there is a nice hole in the middle- without breaking the outer chocolate ring if possible. Or I eat the outer chocolate ring first and enjoy the PB middle last. Pop it all in at once? No way!

The Heaton's said...

That story makes me laugh!! That darn chocloate! It's so hard to resist! lol!! Those are Kaitlyn's favorite and I could totally see her doing something like that! Morgan is so thoughtful!