7 years ago...I fell in love with this face for the first time (well in this life-time anyway), and honestly, I can say,it WAS love at first sight. :) Brian & I met on a blind date. My friend Paul had met Brian earlier at church, & Brian asked if he could ride with him up to the conference center for a fireside. Paul told him that he was setting his other friend Cory up on a date with me, but Brian could tag along with him. Well, in the Bronco, I saw my date, and wasn't too excited about the night, until the guy sitting behind me said something that made me laugh, and I turned around and there was a bright glowing spotlight around Brian's face, and the angels started singing... aaaaaahhhhh. I thought, " Well, well, well.... what do we have here? Who is this handsome guy?" :) So, we started talking, and at the Conference Center in Salt Lake we sat next to each other. We hit it off great & talked the rest of the night. On the way home, Paul rode with some other friends, and Brian felt a little awkward asking for my number... since I was supposed to be on a date with this other guy so he kept it casual. I asked them what they were doing for the rest of the night, ( I was really just interested in what Brian was doing, but didn't want to be rude) :) Brian said he was going to sleep because he had to be up early the next morning for work, but he wanted to go with me to family home evening the next night. So the next night we went to my ward's FHE, and then went out for shakes. We were engaged 6 weeks later, and the rest is history. Oh, and as for Cory, he was there 6 weeks later when we announced to my friends that we were engaged... I'm not sure what he thought... maybe he thinks he helped... :) I'm sure he is happily married now. :) but anyway, I am so grateful for Brian, and for the amazing guy that he is. He is such a strength to me & has blessed my life in so many ways. He is everything I ever wanted when I was younger, and he is everything I want today. I love him so much, and I'm so grateful I can spend the rest of my life with him.
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
See this CUTE face...
7 years ago...I fell in love with this face for the first time (well in this life-time anyway), and honestly, I can say,it WAS love at first sight. :) Brian & I met on a blind date. My friend Paul had met Brian earlier at church, & Brian asked if he could ride with him up to the conference center for a fireside. Paul told him that he was setting his other friend Cory up on a date with me, but Brian could tag along with him. Well, in the Bronco, I saw my date, and wasn't too excited about the night, until the guy sitting behind me said something that made me laugh, and I turned around and there was a bright glowing spotlight around Brian's face, and the angels started singing... aaaaaahhhhh. I thought, " Well, well, well.... what do we have here? Who is this handsome guy?" :) So, we started talking, and at the Conference Center in Salt Lake we sat next to each other. We hit it off great & talked the rest of the night. On the way home, Paul rode with some other friends, and Brian felt a little awkward asking for my number... since I was supposed to be on a date with this other guy so he kept it casual. I asked them what they were doing for the rest of the night, ( I was really just interested in what Brian was doing, but didn't want to be rude) :) Brian said he was going to sleep because he had to be up early the next morning for work, but he wanted to go with me to family home evening the next night. So the next night we went to my ward's FHE, and then went out for shakes. We were engaged 6 weeks later, and the rest is history. Oh, and as for Cory, he was there 6 weeks later when we announced to my friends that we were engaged... I'm not sure what he thought... maybe he thinks he helped... :) I'm sure he is happily married now. :) but anyway, I am so grateful for Brian, and for the amazing guy that he is. He is such a strength to me & has blessed my life in so many ways. He is everything I ever wanted when I was younger, and he is everything I want today. I love him so much, and I'm so grateful I can spend the rest of my life with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
Your two are so cute together! I remember going to that same fireside with Jason at the Conference center.
you are just adorable! i just feel lucky enough to have been there for the wedding reception. you of course looked simply beautiful and one look at him i realized why you got married so quickly (without realizing that i would soon be following in your footsteps in less than a year :-) )
He seems like a keeper Melissa! You have a cute story on how you met!
I too love that husband of your, because I know he treats you how you should be treated.
Love you Melissa
Love Ali
lol, this stiry is so familiar! Oh yeah, it's almost exactly my story! Blind date, engaged 4 weeks later... I wish you guys the best!!
Post a Comment