
This past Saturday my mom and I had a baby shower for my sister Brittany. She is expecting her first little baby... a boy on September 29th. We are sooo excited for her, and Jackson will finally have a little boy cousin on the Smith side. This will be the 7th grandchild for my parents. 5 girls and 2 boys. The shower was so much fun. It was fun having family here and Brittany's friends. We missed Jen, our other sister, since she lives out of state. I am so excited for Brittany. She and Steven are going to love being parents. It is so rewarding! Congratulations Brittany... we can't wait!!!

Here is me and my cute girls in our blue. I love little boys, but I am so grateful for my girls. (My Grandma Spencer is in the background.) I am grateful that she & my mom taught me how to have a nice and fun party. Thanks Grandma & Mom!

Me, Brittany, & My Mom

This is the shower invitation that I sent out, and yes, this is Brittany. For so long I have thought that pictures of pregnant women were kind of weird, and I think I let Brian take a picture of my belly once, but I never developed it, because I felt huge and fat, but now as I look as this picture, I realize how precious it is to carry a child. Even though, the woman goes through so many emotional, physical, & mental changes... it is so worth it! It is such a neat & spiritual feeling to feel this little spirit inside moving & kicking. I have felt the closest to my Heavenly Father when I could feel one of my children move inside of me. I have many friends who are not able to have children, or have lost one, and my heart goes out to them. I wish with all my heart that they could experience what I along with so many others experience. it helps me to understand the sacred responsibility we as women have, and what a blessing it is to be able to have children. I have enjoyed parts of being pregnant, but I have now seen & realize even more the beauty of a pregnant woman...

7 comments:
Those are the cutest shower invitations ever! I love them!
Mel that is the cutest shower invitation I have ever seen, that is so cute....you are amazing!!!
oh my i was looking at hallie's bow and i know you made that, how on earth did you make that cute thing..... Mel i need lessons on cuteness :)
I agree with everyone else!! That is the cutest invitation ever! Ok, is there anything you can't do or make? You are amazing!! Congratulation to your sister! Maybe she will have it on Makell's birthday!! (26th) Looks like a fun party!
oh my gosh! your sister looks beautiful! i love her round belly, i had no idea that was her on the announcement, it's amazing! i want to live in utah next to you so you can teach me how to be as creative as you!!! i love it all! the pictures, the announcements, the digital scrapbooking, and hallie's bow, so cute!! you have to teach me the bows before december when this little girl pops out :-) and you make me think twice of having my big belly in photos. love you!
Very cute invites. I will have to remember that cute photo Idea. I do love your new address also. I had no idea that you moved. that is new to me!
ok, so obviously everyone loves the announements and like I said before...you need to make it a business of some sort because you are so talented. Maybe I can help you get set up or something! Thanks for the great party and helping out so much with the invites and everything! you're wonderful.
Post a Comment