Nut Family

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hair bows & Hairstyles

So, do you remember that mess that the kids made a couple of weeks ago, and then there was the picture of the mess that I had been making... well... this is the result.
I found these adorable bows on a website that even included instructions and they are pretty easy. They take a little time, but I love the look of them. I was thinking that I might actually want to sell them, because they turned out really cute, and were fun to make. Plue the possibilites are endless. I was thinking of starting a "Etsy" shop, but I have NO idea what to charge, or what to do. What do you think? How much should I charge, and is it worth it? I love them for my girls, and I haven't seen them anywhere else, so they're a little unique too. What do you think?
These are some new ones I made.
Here's Morgan's hair with the same style as the ones in the above picture on the left. They are so much fun to put in her hair, and they are SOOO easy!
This has nothing to do with hairbows, but I got this outfit from a friend when Hallie was born, and didn't use the hat because it was too big. Yesterday it was kind of cold, and so I put it on her. I love the look! It's almost like she's saying "Are you serious Mom?" What a funny baby girl.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

The Heaton's said...

I LOVE those!! They are sooo cute!! I would totally buy them!! I really like the "crazy ones"!! You have an eye to know what different ribbons look good together!! You always have Morgan looking so cute!

The Heaton's said...

I forgot...... Hallie looks absolutely adorable!! That's a great picture!!

Melanie said...

cute bows. I will have to make some. Thanks for the great idea!

Hanna in the Hizzzouse.. said...

I love making bows as well. I would charge $6.00's a set, or $10.00 for the larger ones! We are all about ribbons, bows, and baby braclets these days! They are so cute. I'm not sure all of the time you put into them would be worth selling, but I am a perfectionist and take forever with everything I do, so it all depends on what you think.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

like i said you are amazing and I wish I knew how to make those cute amazing adorable bows.... I love them

Lisa said...

i dont know what you plan to charge but let me know and i will start sending in orders, seriously those are just beyond cute! i love the bows and i want some of the cute headbands for when this little one comes.

Melanie said...

Thanks for the beautiful song! I could hear you! It was so great! Thanks. Thanks for your friendship over the past 6 years. Your are so great!
Love ya

Kristi said...

OK crazy...This has been my latest project. The messy ones not the flower looking ones. You'll have to show me how to do those ones!! Those are darling! I love it, I've gone a little crazy though : ) We'll have to swap colors or something, unless you've bought most of them like me haha

allison said...

Hey Melissa! I've been meaning to leave you a comment about the bows and the business thing you asked me about. I'm still just getting started, so I'm definitely not an expert, but you could start by getting an etsy shop. It's free to set up and they only charge 20 cents per item you post so it's a good way to see what people like and what sells. Then you should just be on the lookout for craft fairs and places you can go to get your name out there. I think your bows are really cute and I'm sure they would sell! Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions! You can email me at allison.eccles@gmail.com too if you want!