My beehives learned how to make pies the other day, so I decided I would try my first apple pie. It was delicious, especially with ice cream on top. Yummy! I can't take all the credit though, because Mr. Pillsbury dough boy helped me with the crust, which I highly recommend for convenience, and a lady in my mom's ward gave her a bottle of apple pie filling, so all I had to do was put it all together. I did make the top though with graham crackers, brown sugar, & cinnamon, and that was really good. Yummy... I love warm apple pie.
Here's my dad carving the Turkey. We went to my parents house for Thanksgiving. I feel bad I didn't get a picture of my mom, when she was the one that did the majority of the work, & the food was delicious. We loved the fresh homemade rolls!
This is all of my moms family. My mom has never had her family to her house for Thanksgiving before because we have lived out of state, and this is the first time they were all able to make it happen. They all brought pies, and we had a total of 10 pies to choose from! There were about 20 of us there, so we each got 1/2 a pie, okay we didn't really eat all of it, but it was nice being able to sample a little bit of each.
Here's the kiddies enjoying their thanksgiving dinner. They just liked the olives & the rolls.




4 comments:
Next time we're down there we need to see your house! It was good to see (almost) all of you together in one place. :)
hey! so do your parents live in utah now? how great to get the whole (well most) of the family together for the holidays. and i can't believe that you have never made an apple pie before, that's my fav to do. love ya!
Looks like you all had a lot of fun together! I am glad you live close to family!! :)
You look so adorable with your pregnant tummy! I LOVE that cute little organizer you have on your kitchen counter. Did you make it?
Post a Comment