We were so excited when Pres. Monson announced a temple
to be built in Payson. Brian & I knew that we wanted our
family take part in as much as we could in the building
of the temple. We heard the groundbreaking was soon
and that there were only 20 tickets per ward to go.
We really wanted to take Morgan & Jackson and were
so grateful when we got tickets.

The weather was cold and rainy, & we had to
be in Payson by 7:00 and the groundbreaking
was at 9:00 a.m. We all had to have a little
patience as we waited in the rain, but,
in the end it was so worth it.
The talks were beautiful, Elder Dallin H. Oaks
gave a powerful talk, and we could all feel
the spirit, even with it being cold.
to be built in Payson. Brian & I knew that we wanted our
family take part in as much as we could in the building
of the temple. We heard the groundbreaking was soon
and that there were only 20 tickets per ward to go.
We really wanted to take Morgan & Jackson and were
so grateful when we got tickets.
The weather was cold and rainy, & we had to
be in Payson by 7:00 and the groundbreaking
was at 9:00 a.m. We all had to have a little
patience as we waited in the rain, but,
in the end it was so worth it.
The talks were beautiful, Elder Dallin H. Oaks
gave a powerful talk, and we could all feel
the spirit, even with it being cold.
It looked like a sea of umbrellas, but
everyone was happy to be taking part
of such a wonderful event.
Elder Oaks asked all of the 26 stake presidents,
the city officials, & 12 year old deacons to come
and turn the soil with the shovels.
Then, he opened it up to everyone
else in the congregation to come and turn the soil.
When I was 16 or 17, I went to the Winter Quarters
Temple in Nebraska, and was able to turn the soil for
that temple. I have always rememberd it, and I knew I
wanted my kids to have a similar experience.
I hope they will always remember the building of
a temple- their temple.





0 comments:
Post a Comment