
Six years ago today (July 10th) I was anxiously waiting for this little boy to come out.
I was tired of being hot. The 4th of July had been miserable. And, I tried to drink a whole 2 liter bottle of Root Beer in hopes to bring on the contractions- something I had heard from a friend-yeah, I never trusted that friend again. I felt sick to my stomach afterwards & had tons of gas pain, which felt like contractions, but actually weren't.
So, it was on a Sunday. Brian & I drove to the hospital at 5:00 a.m. because of my root beer contractions & the nurses said to go home & come back when it was serious- I was serious- I wanted this baby out! My Mom was sweet & stayed with Morgan, I slept for a little bit, and then we were off again around noon.
This time, I got to stay. We delivered a sweet & somewhat funny looking little boy. I say funny because Jackson looked as though he had been in a boxing match before he entered the world. He was instantly so sweet & cuddly though & had this big beautiful bright eyes and blonde blonde hair.
Our lives have been blessed ever since that day. I remember Morgan coming to visit & feeling that our family felt even more complete. The crazy thing is thinking about how small Landon is, and Morgan was 3 months younger!
Here are 6 things we love about Jackson::
Jackson is our laughter. He is always saying things to make us laugh and smile. The other day Brian took him to get some french fries. While they were in the car & Jackson's mouth was full of fries, Jackson said, "Dad! It's like there's a party going on in my mouth!" We love the things he says & how he makes us laugh.
Jackson is such a really good brother. He is always taking care of Hallie & Landon & is perfect for Morgan. They get along so well - most of the time.
We love that Jackson is so easy going. He goes with the flow & is just fun to be around.
We love that Jackson's brain is like a sponge! He soaks in everything! His favorite TV show right now is "Wild Kratts." He'll watch it and when it's over he will tell me every fact about Paragon Falcons or anything else they talked about in the show. When I took him to swimming lessons the first day, he told the girl (while she was teaching him how to swim), "Wow! I didn't know you could see paragon falcons at your house." He looked up with his hand above his eyes to shade them so he could keep looking. I don't think I even know what a paragon falcon is. Jackson remembers every fact & everything- except for where he put his shoes.
We love how friendly Jackson is. Jackson can make friends anywhere he goes. Adults, kids, pets, babies, anyone is instantly his best friend. We'll go to the park and he'll say, "Mom, that's my best friend over there." Our next door neighbor,David, even commented how what a cool kid Jackson is because he is so easy to talk to. Jackson has no fear of talking to people & can carry an easy conversation with anyone.
We love that Jackson is all boy! I can't let him watch Kung-Fu Panda very often because as soon as it is over I have a little kung-fu boy chopping everything with his kung-fu moves. It is so cute to watch, but the swim teacher didn't seem very impressed when Jackson was trying to chop the water the other day during swim lessons. Jackson still loves balls, playing outside, riding his bike, & just being a boy.
I am so grateful for Jackson! Anytime that I am having a bad day, or feel sad, Jackson is the first one to come and give me a hug. I instantly feel more at peace & loved. I think it's a gift he's been blessed with. We are so blessed to have him in our lives.
For his party, we had a Pirate Surprise Party. Jackson was so surprised, although he told me later that he knew we were having a party for him- He did not know a thing! :)
We had all the kids ready and were waiting for my niece when the doorbell rang. There stood a kid from the neighborhood who had not been invited. A little awkward!
I said, "Sorry Jackson can't play right now."
He said, "I know Jackson's having a party."
Me: "Yeah he is, he isn't here right now because it's a surprise party. Maybe he can play another day."
At this point, I expected him to walk away. Instead he looked at me like a kid in front of a toy store window that really wants a toy inside but doesn't have any money. I then realized that all of the 8 little pirates were all standing behind me making the situation worse.
I did a quick scan in my head to make sure I had enough party favors & food for him and said, "Jaxon, would you like to come to the party?"
He said, "Yes!"
So, we had an extra little pirate that day. I think he was the best pirate of all- or at least enjoyed himself the most. He's the pirate in the orange shirt- I love all his poses!
Jackson had such a fun time at his party. We played some games, ate scurvy dogs and chips, opened presents, & then went on a treasure hunt. The treasure was a pinata and the kids were so excited to use the long pirate knife to hit it open. Even Landon got a turn. Hallie was too afraid.
The only problem at the party was realizing that we need to train Jackson to be a protective older brother, especially around his guy friends. While we were waiting, Hallie made sure that the boys all felt welcome. She went up to each of them and put their arm around them and said, "Hi Daniel! I love you!" When she went up to Jaxon (the boy that came) she put her arm around him and said, "I love you!" He said with a confused look on his face, "What!!" She repeated herself, "I love you!" The poor guy is from a family of 5 or 6 boys, he isn't used to Hallie's tender love and affection. :)
My favorite part during the party is when the kids were all eating outside. Jackson was in the middle and all of his friends were saying, "Jackson, Jackson, look at this, let me tell you this, etc..." Each of them were so excited to be around him and talk to him. What a good kid!









2 comments:
Makell had so much fun! She loved Jackson's reaction when everyone yelled SURPRISE! We have heard about it multiple times.:) You are so talented! I love the decorations! Your a fantastic mom!
What a fun birthday party!!!! Okay, so I can't believe that I am doing this like a month later, but THANK YOU so much for the adorable 4th of July and baby boy printables!! That was SO SWEET of you! I loved them. I can't wait to use the baby boy one for a baby shower gift. Not only are you a great mother, but also a wonderful and thoughtful friend...even from hundreds of miles away. :) Love ya.
Post a Comment