
Looking at these pictures, which one gets your mouth watering? Is it A - the delicious double layer chocolate cake with mouth watering frosting & berries adorning the sides, or B - the box of delectable choc-o-lates you usually see on Valentines Day or your birthday, or is it my personal favorite C - the sweet & moist chocolate cake bursting to the brim with hot lava pure enough to make any heart melt while endulging. Well, if your mouth wasn't watering hopefully it is now. :)
My point in making my mouth water, along with your is this- I have realized that I am officially ALLERGIC to chocolate... YES... you read that right! How is that possible? Can you even be allergic to chocolate? How will you survive? How will you live? What happens when you just CRAVE it? Believe me, these are all questions I have asked myself within the last couple of days, of how to cope, especially when I'm hormonal... Well, anyway for the past few months I have been having EXTREME migraines. After meeting with lots of smart people to figure out was wrong, one very smart neurologist told me to watch what I was eating and see if that was causing the migraines. He also gave me some wonderful medicine so I can feel more like a Mom & not like a cloudy fog. Now, you may be thinking, "Dear girl! How much chocolate are you consuming in a day!" That's just it- I have never really liked chocolate, so I don't eat much. I like chocolate chip cookies, but never really cared for the chocolate chips, I like candybars, but that has only been since having kids that I have really bought one just to eat. I'm just not a solid chocolate kind of gal, however, Brian could eat a giant hershey chocolate bar within minutes & when I told him my theory of being allergic to chocolate he said he would have to call it quits- what can I say, the man needs his chocolates, but anyway, I have a major downfall for brownies & the lava cake. So after watching my chocolate intake & trying not to eat any of it, along with the medicine, I was rarely having migraines- that is until Saturday night.
Brian and I had gone with some friends to a "Dessert for Diabetes" in which we paid for an all you can eat dessert buffet. (I know recommend never going to one of those) :) I was very generous with the helpings I gave myself. I loaded without even thinking; rich chocolate cake, 2 mini cheesecakes with thick dark chocolate crust, a double homemade oreo cookie, a small peanut butter bar, and a chocolate cookie with powdered sugar sprinkled on top. ( And no, I did not consume the whole table of goodies- I think I only took 5% of what was there) I went through the night feeling fine & didn't finish some of the cookies, and then it hit me- I felt sick! My friend mentioned as we were leaving that she was feeling sick like she was on something- I think we were both on a chocolate high- I felt dizzy & so sick! I went home and tossed and turned for hours- the migraines were back full force & none of the medicine was helping- even the medicine that cost $8 / pill barely had any effect. I didn't sleep much and my back tooth started hurting as well. Sunday morning I wanted to go to church. I stood up & felt so dizzy & nauseated (from the medicine) I wanted to fall down. Eventually I was able to get my body completly dressed although my mind was very fuzzy. I made it to church, stayed for all the meetings, & then came home & tearfully went to bed. It was not fun! Later that day I had a meeting, and while there I was talking to one of my friends who had just been offered a chocolate creamy, which she surprisingly turned down. Curiously I asked her why & she said, "I am allergic to chocolate!" Dumbfounded I replied, "Really, what happens if you eat chocolate?" And she simply said, "I get terrible migraines right away!" And then, it hit me- the nice plate of rich chocolate was a overload to my system -which is why my body went kind of crazy. The migraines calmed down some Sunday night but I now had a terrible tooth ache. I went into the dentist first thing Monday morning & got to spend a lovely 4 hours there while they did a root canal (which I blame on the chocolate because it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago when I went in) I did like the laughing gas though, and I thought I was really funny & then the assistant told me she thought it might be on a little too high- a yeah, ya think- So now I am fixed- well I mean, I am better other than my right cheek being a little swollen. But for now, I guess that means no more chocolate- darn- and when I was just beginning to really enjoy it. :)



6 comments:
This looks so delicious. Are you telling me you ate all this or your giving it all up?
oh no- I can't give it all up. I just have to be a little more cautious. :) Brian thinks the chocolate cake looks the best.
I think I've figured out that chocolate causes major stomach ailments for me. I think I'm going off it as well. At least you found a solution to the headaches, right?! Why couldn't it be vegetables we have issues with?
I have to say that I'm with Brian, there is no reason to live if you can't have chocolate...at least once a day...or once an hour...okay, at least some at every meal. I wonder where Brian got his sweet tooth?!?
I knew you had been having migraines, and I felt so bad for you! I've had two migraines in my life and they probably weren't as bad as what you've been experiencing. I'm glad you have solved this mystery, and that it's nothing more serious although chocolate IS a very serious matter.
Adam is totally on board with Brian and Karen! He would rather die! LOL! Of course the problem would never stem for something you were not a big fan of! I am glad you finally figured out what was causing all the trouble. Does white choc still count? :)
Post a Comment