Yesterday I got to go with Jackson & his Pre School class to the pizza place to watch them make pizza. I had gone last year with Morgan & it was really quite interesting, so I figured this year would be the same. I showed up to the school, packed the 4- 4 year olds in the van, and started following the other Mothers & teachers. We soon came to a yellow light, and the truck I was following sped up so they wouldn't miss the light. I on the other hand decided to slow down and stop (because of the extra special cargo I was carrying.) :) I soon got to Main Street & went to the pizza place... just one problem... none of the other drivers were there!!! I had thought that we were going to the same place as last year... nope! I asked the 4 year olds if they knew where we were going today. They all shouted "Slice-A-Pizza!!" I had seen this new restaurant, but couldn't remember where it was. I thought it was on the south end of Main Street so I headed in that direction. I called Brian to ask him if he knew where it was, and he didn't, so thank goodness for my cell phone! I called "411" and they gave me the exact address... just one more problem... I am TERRIBLE at directions. I knew kind of where it was, but didn't feel like I had time to calmly look for the place (knowing that he teacher was probably a little concerned) , meanwhile politely telling 4 year olds to please "leave their seatbelts on" and to "be quiet while I find the pizza place." I think I had a little headache & looked a little tired when we finally showed up (thanks to Brian for telling me what the address was by.) Oh, and not to mention, that while I was trying to find the place, I heard a chorus at different times from 4 little kids, that my kids know they can't say in the car.... "I hafta go potty!" another kid, " I hafta go potty too!"
I responded with, "Well, you're going to have to hold it because you're not peeing in my car!" the kids were quiet after that, and I even said it nice. :)Once we were there, the kids all ran inside to use the bathroom while I explained where I had been. One of the Mom's was really sweet & introduced herself to me. I'm sure she could see how worn out I looked and wanted to make me feel a little better. :)
Now onto the pizza! Jackson had been practicing throwing the dough in the air and catching it with his hands. The dough was Morgan's nightgown. He was so excited to see the man throw the pizza in the air and catch it. At the actual pizza place--- no dough was thrown, and no man was there. (obviously because we were at a different place, and they have a "Pizza Presser") Jackson was a little let down, but according to his words to Brian last night "Yeah, and we got to see the pizza oven, which isn't like our oven, it's huge! and we saw the pizza come out, and we backed up, but we didn't back up into the fridge!" So, I guess overall he was happy.
And finally eating the pizza!




0 comments:
Post a Comment