Nut Family

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Karen!

Today is Karen's birthday. I think that she is still claiming to be 29, although, since Brian is now 30 I don't think that will work anymore. But I think 32 sounds young, so today Karen is 32 (plus a couple of years) :) Anyway, Karen is such an amazing person! I look at her life & how she is constantly striving to be better & learn more. She is the perfect example of enduring to the end, and remaining steadfast in her faith in Christ. Here are some pictures from Christmas that I haven't posted yet, and thought that now would be the perfect time.

Grandma Karen (as the kids call her) gave this little Southern Belle dress & hat to Morgan for Christmas. Morgan was absolutly thrilled & has worn it many days since. Doesn't she look adorable! Morgan & Jackson & Hallie love being with Grandma Karen. They get so excited to go to her house & visit her. Grandma is always good about spoiling them & spending time with them. One of my favorite things to watch her do is read to them. I love how intently they are all staring at the book, and especially how calm they all are. :)
Karen is such a great mother-in-law to Brittany & Josh & I. She does so much, and has welcomed us all in as her own. She is always a great support to us. Whenever I have had a baby or the kids have had broken bones or are sick, she is the first one to offer support, help, & love. Brian & I both know that we can do anything we want to in life & she will support us & be there for us.
Karen has a real talent for always making people feel welcome in her home. I remember when Brian & I were dating and engaged, and sometimes it was really hard for me to be far from home. It was so nice knowing that I had somewhere that was like home to me & a place I always felt welcomed.
Karen has a GREAT sense of humor & has passed it on to her kids. Brittany was so sweet and gave Jeff this nice set of glow in the dark footsie pajamas for Christmas. Karen held him like he was her little baby, and it was soooo funny! I only wished that I had gotten some for Brian so he could sit on her other knee along with Jeff. Unfortunatly Brian didn't really like the idea of wearing glow in the dark pajamas, or being a grown man and sitting on his Mommy's lap. Maybe next year. :)
Karen has so much love for all of us. She is constantly showing her love for us through service, generosity, thoughts, prayers, & food-- especially her yummy Sunday dinners.
We are so blessed to have her as a part of our family & to continue to learn from her & the way she lives her life. We love you Karen & Happy Birthday!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karen Nuttall said...

Thanks Melissa! You are SO sweet! I laugh so hard when I think about Jeff with his footsie pajamas! I had an incredible time with Brian at dinner last night. He talks so highly of you. We both love you so much and we are both grateful that you are part of our family. You are so talented! You amaze all of us with all that you do!!! I love you Melissa! Have a great day!

Ben and Darci said...

I don't know Karen real well, but I think she is great and I can tell she's a great person! I hope she had a wonderful birthday. By the way, we really need to come visit you and meet your new little guy :)

Alexis said...

I agree with all of that. She really is a great women, and aunt. Maybe the favorite! :-) That was a really sweet post.