Last Sunday I gave my last sharing time about service, and how we can serve our families. I told the kids that sometimes we hear our Mom/Dad ask us to do something with our ears, but if we don't listen to what they have asked, then we are not listening with our hearts. One of the children in Primary (who lives across the street) said, "In my family, we have the rule that we need to do something the first time we are asked." I told her what a great rule that was, and then in Senior Primary (where the girl has 2 siblings) I mentioned this rule, and told the kids what a great rule I thought it was. I then said to Charles the brother, "Wouldn't it be great if your Mom asked you to go and make your bed and you said, "Mom, it's already made!" Sometimes, we can do things without even being asked. So later that day at home, I told Morgan & Jackson (who love Charles & his sisters) their family rule and how we should do that too. So for the past couple of days, Jackson will say to me, "Mom, call me Charles so I can go and do my job." and Morgan will say, "Mom, call me Ash-a-lee or Elizabeth, and I will go and do my job." I'm so thankful for good examples of my neighbors across the street. I"m sure the Hirst kids quickly obey, and never argue with each other. :)This past Sunday, my sweet friend Liz, who is now the Primary President, gave a sharing time on serving. I'm not sure exactly what she taught, but I know she gave the kids hearts & told them to try to serve their families this week. I had been sitting in the living room for a while, and heard the water running. I went in to see what the kids were doing and this is what I saw. They were washing the dishes together. I LOVE this picture! I love that they are serving, and doing it together. I'm so thankful for good friends and leaders who are helping me teach my kids how to serve, and the good feelings that come from doing so.
The plate that Morgan was washing got a nice scrub down. I think she washed each dish 3 times. Jackson kept filling up the green cup to get all the soap out of it.
A job well done!



5 comments:
How sweet!! I love when my children do dishes for me (even though the entire counter top and floor is soaking wet) :). You were released? I bet it is kinda nice to not be in charge, although I'm sure you miss the kids. Do you have a new calling yet?
Cute! Riley has taken up cleaning everything with the dishrag (mirrors, glass, the couches, etc.) I have to ignore the streaks and just appreciate how sweet. That is a sweet picture of Jackson and Morgan. And I LOVE the video of Brian re-killing the chicken.
I need to teach my children about this boy named Charlie.
What a sweet video! I love how sweet and pure children are! You and Liz really made an impact on the kids! Our back door is filling up with little red hearts with acts of service written on them! Talk about melt a mom's heart! I have wondered many times if I could send my kids over to you and the Hurst's to be trained;)!
I love it when the kids help. I didn't realize you were released as Primary President. I bet it's a nice break! Do you have a new calling yet?
Post a Comment