Nut Family

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snow Day with Daddy

We got a really nice snow storm Saturday morning. There was so much snow coming down, and Brian was out there as soon as he could be shoveling our driveway. I think that's his favorite thing to do. :) The kids wanted so badly to go out with him, so we told them after their naps they could. When they woke up we got them all dressed up to go play. I wasn't feeling very well, so I stayed in, but wow, did I miss out on fun. :) Brian built a big sledding hill for them, and then helped them build a snow man. I don't know if the kids were having more fun, or Brian. Personally I think Brian was. He kept asking me if I wanted to go sledding on his hill, but somehow, the thoughts of my 8 months pregnant body going down the hill didn't convince me. :) He & the kids had so much fun playing though, and came inside cold. Brian was sweet & gave them both a bath, & then fixed them their favorite dinner... Macaroni & Cheese. He is such a cute dad, and it was so nice being able to relax and enjoy the day being lazy, knowing that the kids were being taken care of by Daddy.



Brian said the kids enjoyed going down the hill together instead of alone. I'm glad their such great friends.


Brian even built steps for them to climb up. After using the sled for a while morgan & jackson decided it was more fun sliding on their bums. Brian was Morgan was a little dare devil, and watched some older girls in our neighborhood go down on their tummy's so she had to try it as well, and loved it.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Melissa said...

That is a good daddy! I am so jealous when I see snow pictures. Apparently it snowed here in Asheville while I was in Fayetteville last week. I was so disappointed that I missed it.

jen said...

How fun! I think I'm going to go in our backyard and do the same thing!

Ben and Darci said...

You guys have GOT to come to this big hill by our house. There are little hills for the kids too. I can just see Riley and Jackson cruising down on a sled. We actually went the other day and used Riley's old crib mattress. We'll send you down on the mattress Melissa, for extra cushioning!

Lisa said...

what a great dad! i just love it. even though i'm not eight months pregnant i always opt out of snow time...that's melissa and daddy time. i just wait ready with a cup of hot chocolate at a moments notice. i'm glad they had so much fun!

Amber said...

hey melissa! this is amber stewart (mann). you're family looks adorable. Melissa told me about your blog. I look forward to keeping in touch.

Frampton Family said...

Aww! I'm so bummed we didn't get a chance to play in the snow with the kids when we were in Utah. It looks like so much fun. We had a blast with you guys during the holidays. We both miss you all a ton already. Love you!

Janelle