Nut Family

Monday, January 28, 2008

Farewell President Hinckley


Last night my sister called and told me that Pres. Hinckley had passed away. It kind of hit heavy, but not surprising. We had friends over for dessert & I felt bad having to go and tell them. It's one of those things that is bitter-sweet. Bitter because he will be extremely missed, but sweet because he can now be with his wife & family. I was 13 when Pres. Benson died, and Pres. Hunter was only in for a short time. Pres. Hinckley has been the Prophet since I was 13-all through my teenage years, college years, early married life, and the Prophet when Morgan & Jackson were born. I have learned so much from him & his example & sense of humor. I am so grateful to have a prophet on the earth to lead and guide us. I am amazed at all that Pres. Hinckley has accomplished in these last 13 years, and all of the different things that have been started. I truly admire him and love him and I will always have a special place for him in my heart.
Posted by Picasa