Nut Family

Monday, October 1, 2007

Snow in September !?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Can you believe this? Brian and Iwere watching "The man from Snowy River" on Saturday afternoon when the kids were sleeping. Jackson woke up, and we just let him play in our room while we watched the rest of the movie. I sat up at 3:30 to get something for him, and I looked outside & saw the snow-- we couldn't believe it! Snow in september yuck! I love fall, and was sad to think that we might just skip over it, but luckily it was a winter night saturday night during the womens broadcast, but on Sunday it was a gorgeous cool fall day. Hopefully it won't snow anymore for a while, but the kids liked it.
I liked this picture because it is one of the first I have seen where the grass and trees are still a pretty green before all the leaves have fallen off, and they look so pretty, yet a little odd with snow on them. ;)
Jackson was so excited about the snow. Morgan wasn't quite that excited, I think she was still trying to wake up from her nap after I ran in her room and told her it was snowing outside. Jackson wanted to play in it, not realizing that it was freezing.
Here is our beautiful new chevy silverado truck. Brian's jeep, is dying, and only has a little bit longer to live. Our mechanic guy told us it would cost $2000 to fix, and that's not including the transmission which is about to go out soon too. Brian has broken down in it a couple of times, and so we decided that rather than put our money into fixing the jeep up, we would buy a used truck. The jeep has been good to us, and I will miss it. ;) just kidding-not really. I always have kind of a hard time giving up vehicles, because I think of all the places we have been in them, but anyway... We have been looking for a truck the last 2 months, and found this one which we both really like. We got a really good deal on it too, and it already included the shell which Brian really wanted because of all of the tools he hauls around... the fun things with car problems huh. I think I look great driving the truck... maybe I should have Brian take a picture of me driving it huh? ;)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Bon said...

I can't believe you had snow there! Yuck! I love reading your blog- thanks for sharing!

Bonnie

Frampton Family said...

What?!? How can there be snow at the beginning of September? Hopefully you don't get jipped on fall this year. Switzerland has the most beautiful fall. I'll have to post pictures of the leaves out here. The kids look as cute as always. And hey, Brian got a new truck? It looks awesome. Good luck with this week. I really hope you're feeling well Melissa. Love You!
www.framptonfam.blogspot.com

Janelle

Bon said...

If you go to matiekay.blogspot.com she has free template downloads that are pretty easy to understand! Check it out- there are some cute ones! Also Hanna, Sharla and Katie all have blogs too- so we are all bloggers now. You can get to their links from mine!

Bonnie
P.S> Also Rivka and Missy dickinsons too!

Bon said...

Good job Melissa- you figure it out- it looks great! :)

Bonnie