Nut Family

Monday, October 15, 2007

Health Food Store


Okay, so I know this is crazy that i have this on here, but I considered it blog worthy. ;) I went to the health food store with my mom the other night to get some prenatal vitamins. I also wanted to get some multi-vitamins for Brian. The lady helping us, seemed like a great expert on this kind of thing. I asked her what multivitamin to get for Brian and she suggested one that Brian would need to take 3 or 4 times a day. Umm, I don't know about your husbands, but pills 3 or 4 times a day, will definatly not fly with Brian or I. Anyway, I asked her if she had one that he would only need to take once a day, and she found one. Great... so now me. I asked if there was a good prenatal vitamin I should be taking. She said the one I'm takin now is basically rocks, which I agree with, so anyway, I asked her if we could find one that I wouldn't have to take 5 times a day. (I was joking, but I don't think she thought I was very funny) So, she found one and was telling me how good it was. She almost had me sold on it, and then I asked her how many times a day I needed to take it. She looked on the back, and then said, "Well, with this pill, you'll need to take it 6 times a day!" 6!!! Are you kidding me???? I wanted to ask if I was supposed to just sit and stare at the pills all day until it was time to take the next one, it's hard enough for me to remember to take 1 a day. I asked her what would happen if I only took 1 a day, I think she kind of glared at me, and explained that that would be foolish, because I wouldn't be getting any nutrients at all, and why even take a pill, if it wasn't going to help. Oh, it was kind of funny. She was very smart though, and knew her stuff, and I honestly wasnt' trying to be annoying. She did find me this great bottle of prenatal vitamins though, that have have all sorts of yummy vitamins in them, plus it's made with food, and not rocks. Anyway, I thought I would share my funny health food story. I think I will just stick with candy! ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Frampton Family said...

Hahahaha! Don't mess with those health food store "experts". I think it's funny that they somehow think they are doctor's. As for prenatal's, I got a big bottle from Cosco. And they seem to be pretty decent. I didn't have a chance to write about Morgan's curlers. But seeing pictures with her curly hair made my heart melt. She is an absolute doll. My mom said you took darling family pictures. If you have some time, post them for us. Love you!

Janelle