Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday. I love feeling loved
& telling my little family how much I love them.
I loved Valentine's Day as a little girl. I loved creating my
own unique mail box with pink & red hearts. I loved getting
Valentine's from my friends. They always came in little
white envelopes with a couple of conversation hearts. I always
read the candy hearts from my "secret crush" hoping & imagining that
the words on the candy hearts from him was how he really felt. :)
This year I decided to help the kids in both classes for their
Valentine's Parties. Their parties were loud, but just as fun
as I remember from when I was little.
Later that night we had a special family Valentine's Dinner. The kids
were so excited to be escorted to the table by Brian. They loved
drinking their pink milk and were so excited about their little presents.

Brian surprised me with a rose & made the day feel perfect and complete.
I know, I'm a sappy romantic. :)
So, the above part was our "Perfect Valentine's Day" The is the rest of our day-
I took all 4 kids to the doctors office to see if Landon had broken his foot. He just got his cast
off of his leg 2 weeks ago, hurt it last Thursday while we were taking care of Jackson, & hasn't
been walking on it. So we decided to take him to get x-rays to see if it was broken.
I feel as though I live at the orthopedic's office. The receptionists now know to
"add it to my tab." I'm not sure I want to really see that final "tab" though.
Turns out, Landon's foot is broken. A very small heir-line fracture. The doctor assured
me that it was easy this time- no surgery, just a walking boot.
I am sure it will be very easy- a 5 month pregnant woman, a 2 year old with a walking boot,
a demanding 4 year old who keeps fighting for her own attention, a 6 year old boy with
a broken arm, & surprisingly, a 7 year old daughter who has been so easy & helpful lately-
I just pray that she doesn't break anything, and at least I'm not 8 months pregnant!
So, Landon has his little walking boot. He keeps saying, "Boot!"
Honestly, it is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
I wonder if they make little tike crutches. He looks so cute walking around
with it, and it is much easier than a cast. It gives him stability, but is also very easy
to take off & change him or give him a bath. We don't have to hold his leg above the
water while we bathe him & he can still walk around and get where he wants to go.
The doc was right- much easier!
& telling my little family how much I love them.
I loved Valentine's Day as a little girl. I loved creating my
own unique mail box with pink & red hearts. I loved getting
Valentine's from my friends. They always came in little
white envelopes with a couple of conversation hearts. I always
read the candy hearts from my "secret crush" hoping & imagining that
the words on the candy hearts from him was how he really felt. :)
This year I decided to help the kids in both classes for their
Valentine's Parties. Their parties were loud, but just as fun
as I remember from when I was little.
Later that night we had a special family Valentine's Dinner. The kids
were so excited to be escorted to the table by Brian. They loved
drinking their pink milk and were so excited about their little presents.

Brian surprised me with a rose & made the day feel perfect and complete.
I know, I'm a sappy romantic. :)
So, the above part was our "Perfect Valentine's Day" The is the rest of our day-
I took all 4 kids to the doctors office to see if Landon had broken his foot. He just got his cast
off of his leg 2 weeks ago, hurt it last Thursday while we were taking care of Jackson, & hasn't
been walking on it. So we decided to take him to get x-rays to see if it was broken.
I feel as though I live at the orthopedic's office. The receptionists now know to
"add it to my tab." I'm not sure I want to really see that final "tab" though.
Turns out, Landon's foot is broken. A very small heir-line fracture. The doctor assured
me that it was easy this time- no surgery, just a walking boot.
I am sure it will be very easy- a 5 month pregnant woman, a 2 year old with a walking boot,
a demanding 4 year old who keeps fighting for her own attention, a 6 year old boy with
a broken arm, & surprisingly, a 7 year old daughter who has been so easy & helpful lately-
I just pray that she doesn't break anything, and at least I'm not 8 months pregnant!
So, Landon has his little walking boot. He keeps saying, "Boot!"
Honestly, it is one of the cutest things I have ever seen.
I wonder if they make little tike crutches. He looks so cute walking around
with it, and it is much easier than a cast. It gives him stability, but is also very easy
to take off & change him or give him a bath. We don't have to hold his leg above the
water while we bathe him & he can still walk around and get where he wants to go.
The doc was right- much easier!
I had to take some pictures at the dr. office because the kids
(during this part) were so well behaved. Morgan brought her
bag of Valentine goodies with her and helped entertain the kids.
One day, I hope to look back on this time & laugh.
For now, I am getting through day by day, and yet still finding time to laugh.




0 comments:
Post a Comment