When I was telling him how amazing I thought he was, he told me that he didn't do anything, but that it was all "God's doing." I said, "Yeah, God made the tree & wood, & gave you the talent, but you are the one that took a piece of solid wood & created beautiful cabinets!" All of this wood was scrap wood from a project at Wood Craft (where Brian has been working) & it was all headed to the garbage! A year ago when Brian found out that this beautiful cherry wood would just be thrown out, he asked if he could use it & this is what he did with it. Needless to say, Brian is very humble about how it all turned out, and probably doesn't want me praising him any more on here, so I'll just write some of my favorite features. :)
* Pull out drawers
* Pull out spice cabinets
* Lots of shelves
* Separate place for pans & trays
* Extra room
* Computer in kitchen
* Knobs & handles ( I LOVE the ones we chose)
* Brian's desire to always want it looking nice, so twice now he has mopped the floor. :)
* Paper towel holders
* Pantry
And, everything else.
One day we were having a Family Home Evening & we told the kids how we have each been blessed with different talents. We explained that Daddy can build things, one of our neighbors knows the inside & outside of cars, another neighbor has helped us many times with our computer, our neighbor across the street is a banker, another one is a vet, etc... We talked about how Heavenly Father has blessed each of us with different talents to be different & to help others.
I am not sure if Brian used his talents to be creative, or if he just wanted me to cook more in the kitchen. Whatever the reason, he is definatly getting more homemade meals & treats. :)
Here are the gorgeous pictures-



5 comments:
Wow, well done Brian! I love it! I hope neither one of you never have to come in my house now; it had to be the cheapest flimsiest materials the builder could afford, you would be embarrased for me;). Yay for your new kitchen!
BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so jealous and so impressed! That is absolutely wonderful. I love the colors, and all of the features! It is like looking at my dream kitchen :)
Cool, I've been waiting for these pics! Looks great! Lucky you. I'll bet cooking is lots more fun now.
Beautiful indeed!! How fun!!
I didn't realize that it had been so long since I had looked at your blog, but I was dying to see your new kitchen. Amamzing. Brian did an amazing job, it looks beautiful, good use of space, I love all the cabenant space.
Post a Comment