Yesterday we celebrated Brian's last birthday in his 20's, I don't think he feels too old yet. :) We had a fun day planned, and the thing that Brian really wanted to do (since I was making him take off work to spend the day with us) was go to the new Draper Temple as a family. Jackson kept asking all weekend, "When are we going to the temple as a family for Daddy's birthday?" The temple was absolutly beautiful & I loved the feeling of being there. The kids were so excited to go and were actually little angels the whole time. We took a bus (which Jackson loved) up to the temple from the church & then went on the tour. At the first part, we were able to see the baptismal font & I explained to Morgan how we get baptized when we are 8, and are able to do temple work for those who have passed on when we are 12. She had a little paper they had given her, and found the picture and then showed it to Jackson and said, "See, Jackson, look at this picture, see, it's the same thing." I hope she'll remember that part. The best part for Brian & I was when we walked into the Celestial room as a family. They were a little behind so a man told us to just wait... we LOVED waiting in the Celestial room of all rooms. It was such a neat feeling to sit on the couch together as a family & feel so close to our Heavenly Father & Savior. Jackson said, "My heart feels warm" as we were in there. I love the spirit of the temple. I love that we have the temples all over the world and for how they bless the lives of so many people. I love what one of my friends said, "The temples are not secret, they are sacred." I hope for any of you that live somewhat close, you will take the time to go and see the temple. You will love it! (If you are interested in the temples & our religion, go here
) I would love to re-create that moment in the celestial room of the Draper Temple in about 20 years with all of my kids & Brian. What a neat experience!We had one picture in front of the temple, but it didn't work out, but I did get this cute one of the kids getting ready to go in. They were so excited and literally running because they couldn't wait!
So after the temple, we went and ate at Cafe Rio and had our favorite pork barbacoa salad. MMMMMMmmmmmm! And then we went to see the dog.. Winnie...When Brian was a teenager, his best friend had this HUGE lab that they hung out with all the time. I think Winnie was J.T. & Brian's best friend. She was always with them, and Brian has many fond memories with her, so about a month ago, we read on J.T.'s blog that Winnie was back to stay with J.T. & Carly for the rest of her life. (Carly reacted the same way I would have... are you serious? That huge dog is going to live with us? Carly's sweet though & let her stay. :) When Brian read their blog he said, "They have Winnie!! I love that dog!!!" I instantly thought, " Mmmm note to self... good birthday idea." So we went to visit Winnie. I don't know who was more excited.. Brian or Winnie. We had such a good time visiting with J.T. & Carly & their adorable & sweet kids. Everyone needs to have friends like J.T. & Carly!
Here is Brian enjoying one of his birthday treats. Chocolate covered strawberries! I should have waited to give them to him when the kids weren't around because he had to share. :)We, or should I say Brian, had a great day. It was so fun spending the day as a family & just enjoy being together. As for Brian, he is really looking forward to his 30's I keep acting as though I'm planning a big surprise party for him, and our whole ward will come in honor of him... for some reason he doesn't want one that big... bummer. Maybe next year I'll have to just settle for a few close friends & family, and maybe a couple more friends, oh, and I can't forget all our neighbors, & wait, there are some cousins that definatly need to be there... maybe I should reserve the church just in case. :)




5 comments:
What an incredible experience. I would love to do that with my kids!!! When we went out to Katie's wedding last summer, it was one of those experiences that I will never forget...being in the temple with all of my family. It was like heaven on earth.
YOu are an angel Melissa! I love you and I am so thankful for your example and love. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRIAN! Love you guys.
Love ali
I loved hearing about your experience to the Temple! It sounds like you have a wonderful time! Jackson's comment made me tear up. How special! It sounds like your planning of events made Brian's day! How fun for him!!
I see a dog coming to live at your house. Happy Birthday! Can't wait till the next one, 30 is Great.
Happy Birthday, Brian! What a great experience to go to the temple as a family! Can't wait till the big party next year! Hee! Hee! Those strawberries look fabulous by the way!
Post a Comment