Nut Family

Sunday, January 11, 2009

God be with you til we meet again...

Yesterday afternoon, Brian's Grandma Stevenson (Karen's Mother) passed away. She was surrounded by her children & husband.
What a remarkable woman! She has lead a lifetime of goodness. She has been able to see all of her children marry, grandchildren marry, & has been a faithful & devoted mother & wife. I know that the things that she taught her children carry on with her grandchildren. All 4 children have a wonderful devotion to God & their religion, and I know it's because of what she has taught them.
I wonder what it's like... on the other side. I imagine that when she passed through the veil, she had quite the crowd waiting for her. Her sister, who passed away almost 10 years ago, her parents, cousins, grandmothers, grandfathers, friends, etc. Brian's grandfather has done geneology for years, and Grandma Stevenson has helped out as much as she could.
I am sure that among the crowd of family waiting for her, were people that she hadn't met while on this earth, yet she had helped redeem through temple work along with her husband. I am sure there were many, if not thousands waiting to meet her for all of her time, devotion, & help in finding their names & supporting her husband while he was away doing genology. What a great woman! I admire her & her devotion, and her support of her husband in doing the most important work.
I love the song from "Hercules" ( I think it's called Hero) some of the words say, " I have often dreamed of a far off place, where a hero's welcome will be waiting for me, and the crowds will cheer, when they see my face, and a voice keeps saying, This is Where I'm Supposed to Be!"
We know that Grandma is where she is supposed to be & that she is happy. We are so grateful for the knowledge that we have of life after death & that one day we can all be together again.


This picture was taken at our wedding in 2002. In my wedding photo album, one page opens up, and we have a picture like this will all 4 sets of Grandparents. We have been so blessed to have all 8 grandparents alive for the last 7 years. What a blessing each one of them is to our little family.

To Grandma... God be with you til we meet again! We love you!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Melissa

I am so sorry for your families loss. Tell Brian how deeply sorry I am.
What a wonderful blessing it is to have the gospel and know that families are forever and know that we will see those we love so dearly again! I love you guys and am saddened with you!
Mel

Melanie said...

Thanks for sharing your knowledge too. You are great!
I felt the same way you do about my grandfather. He worked at the temple. When we lived at his home we came across a little black book, and it was filled with names. They were names that he had done temple work for and it was remarkable!

Melissa said...

I am so sorry for your loss. She looks like a wonderful woman who lived a great life.
Love ya.

Crazy Livin' said...

She sounds like a great lady and you have been blessed to have her in your life. I love you guys. We really need to come and visit, let me know when.

Love Ali

Ben and Darci said...

It's so neat to think of how happy she is right now! It's always hard for those left behind. I hope Karen is doing alright. I can't imagine losing my mom.