Nut Family

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July


I love the 4th of July! I think it has become my favorite holiday. Usually we wake up early and go to the balloons, but this year we slept in a little... until 6:45, and by the time we made it for the parade, it was going to start in an hour, so we skipped the balloons this year. The kids were so excited for the parade. My family is REALLY loud... you know that family that keeps talking & yelling at everyone that walks by for candy...yep, that's my family, and most of the time I'm proud of it, until people start giving us funny looks... :) This year there was a sweet little girl walking by, with half a bag full of salt water taffy. As she was walking by us we all cheered for her, and she came and dumped the WHOLE bag on Morgan's and Jackson's lap. Of course they were excited!
Me & my sweetheart. We had so much fun together, and I love spending any time with him.
I love this picture of Brian and Jackson watching the parade. Jackson loved seeing the horses, but Morgan wondered were the cows were, and by the way, if milk comes from cows, does water come from horses? :)
Doesn't Brian look hot!!!! I know you all secretly think he does, but I saw this picture, and this is the smile and face I fell in love with... aaaahhhh... he still melts my heart... :)





Posted by PicasaHere is my Dad and Kaylie my sister enjoying the parade with Morgan.




My mom, and sisters (Brianna & Carly) & Jackson. & Cameron & Jackson, and no, Jackson's teeth are not that yellow... it's a yummy laffy taffy! :)


And, of course our cute little Hallie! :)

After the parade, we went up the canyon with Brian's family. Janelle (Brian's sister) and Josh just came back from Switzerland where they have lived for the last 2 years! We are so excited to have them back home! They met Collin and Hallie for the first time, & it was so nice being around them again. We ate the best food ever for the 4th of July... Kentucky Fried Chicken. I told Josh, "Greasy, salty, fatty, & yummy... God Bless America!" :) ha ha ha But really KFC is one of my favorite parts of the 4th of July, and I ate one of those buckets behind Janelle all by myself (ha ha ha yeah right! :)
After the canyon, Brian went golfing with his Dad, Josh, & uncle. They had a lot of fun, and while they were gone I went with the kids to my parents for a barbeque, and my mom made the most delicious trifle I have ever had... yummmmmy! I will have to get the recipe because she said it was so easy. After the barbeque, Brian came and picked us up and we went with some good friends (neighbors) and watched the fireworks. It was so nice and relaxing letting the kids run around & play with their friends while Brian and I could visit with ours. We had such a nice 4th of July, and I am so grateful for the freedom we have in this country. I am grateful that I live here. I love hearing the bagpipes (even though they're scottish) :) and watching the flag go by. God Bless America... Land that I love!

7 comments:

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

First of all, can I just say I hope one day to be able to do Rylee's hair as cute as you do Morgan's, and I love the cute ribbons in her hair!!!! You and Brian look as in love as ever and that is so wonderful to see...I love looking at your blog and seeing your family because you are always so happy!!! It looks like you had a great 4th of July.....Love ya Mel

The Heaton's said...

I love looking at your blog! You always have such cute pictures!! (Cute families = Cute pictures!!) We had a great time at the fireworks! You guys are such wonderful friends!!
Analice

Ben and Darci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Roylance Rec. Center said...

Hey Friend. AHHH your kids are SO dang cute, and I can't believe I haven't met Hallie yet. She is already getting SO big. Can I just say that I love Brian...he is such an awesome dad and husband and I am glad you have him "SHOUT OUT TO BRIAN...HEY!!!" Anywho I love you and I am glad you had an awesome 4th.
Love Ali

Melanie said...

that treat looks delicious. I am glad you had a great 4th. I love morgans ribbons in her hair. I'll have to ask you where you got the ribbon next time I talk to you!

Lindsey said...

It is so good to see pictures of your family! I think all of you need to move back to Texas!

skcoe said...

Seriously? I'm the first one to say that your husband DOES look HOT in that picture? He's really handsome...I love when I get that smile and twinkle in my husband's eye- it melts my heart all over again just like it did almost TEN YEARS ago!

You guys have a darling family.