Nut Family

Monday, May 14, 2012

Landon's Rough Week

After Morgan's baptism we all had some quiet time and then
Brian and I took the kids to the park.  We had only been there
for about 5 minutes and I got this cute picture Morgan &
Landon going down the slide together.
(Forgetting that this was how Morgan once broke her leg.)

And of course, this is what happened.
Landon's leg bent back, he started to cry and I knew
it was broken.  Brian said he thought maybe Landon
needed a little extra attention before the baby was born.
At least he looks happy in this picture 

Poor kid has to slide around the floor to get
what he wants.  He is so stinkin cute though.  He will
wear this cast for 2 weeks and then we will see how
he does with the boot because it isn't a huge break.
 

On Tuesday he got his cast on.  Wednesday I went to Primary
Children's Hospital with a pediatric surgeon to schedule a surgery
for Landon to have his hernia repaired.  It was a long & tiring day
with all three kids in Salt Lake at a hospital I wasn't familiar with.

After talking to the doctor, he informed me that not only did Landon
have a hernia in his boy area, but possibly two, as well as one in his belly.
We could either wait a week and do the surgery, do it next month (after
the baby was here) or spontaneously do it the next day- which we did.

My mom took Hallie, Jackson was at school and then went to his
friend Makell's house all day, and then my Mom picked up all 3 kids
and took them to her house while Brian and I took Landon
to the Primary Children's wing of the Riverton Hospital.

They were so good with him.  They had lots of fun things
for him to do and play with while we waited for the surgery to begin.
Brian was so sweet to take the day off to spend with us.  It's always
comforting to have your best friend by your side when your child is
in surgery & when you just need that extra strength and support.

Plus Landon liked having Daddy there too.
I thought our little guy looked so cute in his little
hospital clothes while he colored and rode around
in the yellow car.  He wasn't quite sure why we were there.

Our poor little guy after a rough week.  He was a little
drugged over in this picture & slept the whole way home.
They found 3 hernias that they repaired & he is all better now.

I guess he really did need some extra love and
attention before his little sister comes.  When I showed
him this picture he was so excited to see the yellow popsicle.
All he ate Thursday, Friday, & part of Saturday were popsicles.
Thankfully, he won't remember his miserable week.
 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: