Nut Family

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Highlights of Idaho




We decided last minute to go to Idaho for Spring break to visit Jen & her family. Jen was due on Friday with her little boy & she told me she would love for us to come so that the time before he was born would go quicker. So, Thursday we left for the 6 hour drive, and our kids did great! We stopped a couple of times along the way & had a fun time together as a family. Here are our highlights from the trip-
*Seeing Jen & Jared in their home for the last time- they are moving to Michigan in June!
*Watching the kids play with their cousins while we visited.
*The kids LOVED swingin on the tire swing in the back yard.
*Watching Uncle Jared climb the tree & spot an owl & it's nest
*Going to the State Capital building
*Seeing the Twin Falls & Boise Temples & walking around
*Going to Cabella's with all 8 kids
*Watching "Fire Proof" with Jen & Jared when the kids were all down for bed.
*Spending the weekend with together.
*Playing, laughing, & talking
*Easter Egg hunt with cousins
And, my favorite part was going to Tucanos- a Brazillian grill with ALL OF US!
Tucanos is so yummy! My sister can't have any gluten, and Tucanos is the one place she can eat where there are lots of things for her to eat. So, when we were trying to decide where to go that would be good and that the kids would enjoy we decided Tucano's was our best option. Then, we remembered that kids 6 and under eat free. :) Now you may think I am crazy, but yes, we took all 8 kids (9 including baby Talmage in Jen's tummy) to eat at Tucano's. But don't worry... our kids were so well behaved!!! We "warned" them in the car told them they needed be as reverant as they could be. They honestly were so good & our lunch was so enjoyable.
We didn't think our kids would eat very much. I got Landon & Hallie each a plate from the salad bar, and they ate a couple of things like crackers & fruit & then they were done. I thought Morgan & Jackson might eat a little bit more, but not much. Boy were we surprised!!! Morgan & Jackson each ate 13 shrimp!!!! I'm not sure if they were competing with each other, if they were really hungry, or if the shrimp was really good! :) I think it was all of the above!
At one point, the waiter, who kept bringing different kinds of meats, had shrimp. He asked Jackson if he would like shrimp & how many he would like. Jackson told him, "I would like 5 please!" The waiter looked surprised and said, "5?!?!" I told him to put them on Jackson's plate and I would share them with him. Well, within 5 min. Jackson had eaten 4 shrimp and was mad that I had eaten one. The guy came over again & Jackson asked for 5 more, which he ate. I started to feel a little guilty when the waiter gave me a look like "Are you serious-your kid wants more shrimp?" I wanted to respond, "Yep, they get that from their Dad!" Brian & I loved the shrimp as well, however we, I mean "I" limited ourselves to 3 or 4 shrimp each. However, I think they might be changin their policy to 3 & under eat free instead of 6! :)
We had such a great time with Jen & Jared & are so grateful to how much they treated us to such a fun weekend! We thought baby Talmage might want to meet us before we left, but I guess he didn't want to meet us yet. He came on Sunday, the day after we left. Lucky for him, he'll get to meet all of us in June.
 

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JPI said...

Those were great memories. You barely made it out before the baby came. You took a gamble and won.

The Everyday Housewife said...

What a fabulous wedding and trip! I loved reading about it all!! Aaron and I have pictures of the 2 of us in front of Shashone Falls when we first got engaged and I went up to meet his family for the 1st time. Good memories!! Did the kids surf after the wedding or just the adults?