Nut Family

Friday, February 20, 2009

My Mini Me...

When I was a little girl, I would tease like crazy!!! Yes, I finally admit it! ;) This is how my conversation with my dad always went
Dad: Melissa! Stop teasing your sister!
Me: I'm not teasing her, I don't know why she's crying, I didn't do anything!
Dad: Jen, stop crying.
Dad: Melissa, one day, you will have a little girl just like you.
Me: I know, and she will be cute & sweet & wonderful just like me! :)
(Can you tell I was a little sassy?) :)
Honesty this is how our conversation went many many times. I got away with a lot of teasing, because of my charming words. ha ha ha
Now, fast forward 15 or so years and this is the conversation I have with my own daughter...
Me: Morgan, stop teasing Jackson! Jackson stop screaming!
Morgan: But I'm not teasing him (with that little glint of teasing in her eyes) I don't know why he's crying! I didn't do anything to him! (Now, where have I heard those words before? Oh wait! Me)
Me: Morgan I have been teasing for the last 27 years! I KNOW what teasing is and you were teasing him.
Morgan: Just kind of smiles as this point... caught in the act!
Me: Smiling at this point (Dad was right) Guess what kids...
Kids: what
Me: I think Heavenly Father sent me a little Melissa named Morgan and I think he sent me a little Brian named Jackson.
Jackson: And Jesus sent me a big mommy named Melissa!

Oh, they are such funny kids! I honestly am in trouble here. I even tried to tease her a little bit yesterday to see how she would respond, and she LOVED it! She said smiling, "hey you're teasing me!" Well, I guess I really do have a "mini me" on my hands. Let's see... how would I handle myself? :)
Here's Hallie relaxing on one of her birthday presents. I made a boppy for her (more like a pillow) since the other kids have pillows they use to watch movies or play with. This was the first sewing project for me since highschool, and I told my mom as she was helping me that at least I would get an "E" for effort if this was for a grade... in other words... I can't sew! Luckily she's only 1 and doesn't see all the mistakes. ;)
The other day Morgan was doing Jackson's hair... Once again... just like a mini Melissa and mini Brian. I was always doing my sisters hair. Jackson just sat patiently and let Morgan do her thing, and even posed for a picture because she wanted him to. Now, Brian won't let me put flowers in his hair, but I have tried once or twice to put a little clip in his hair... he's patient, but for some reason he doesn't really like that sort of thing.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Biggs Family said...

Mel, you have the cutest kids ever. I wish that we lived closer so we could have playdates. I totally know about the sewing. Haven't done it since highschool, Jon bought a sewing machine for me for Christmas and have yet to pull it out! :) love ya girl.

Lindsey said...

That's too funny! I remember you and I teasing each other all the time back in the day! Good memories!

Melanie said...

You're a tease? I had no idea!hahaha. I love the picture of Hallie, she looks like she is chilling, while covering her ears! So cute!

The Heaton's said...

Cute post! Have you heard of the 10x rule? They say kids do thing 10x more than their parents did! You guys are going to have lots of (fun/teasing) at your house! The boppy turned out great! Hallie seems to love it!