Nut Family

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Hallie!!!!

I can't believe my little baby is one today! I think that was the fastest year of my life. She has grown up so fast, and I think she looks so big and grownup in these pictures. I had to take 2 separate "photo shoots" of her because she was acting so serious, which isn't like her at all. Usually she is such a tease & a little goofball (like in the last picture), but today, she was a little more serious. Maybe even more of her personality is coming out.

Hallie is such a sweet & fun baby! She is starting to walk, and loves to follow Jackson & Morgan around. She loves playing peek-a-boo, and she seriously thinks she is so funny, which she is. She will do things to tease Brian and then after he responds, she sits back and does this cute little laugh... he he he... she's my kind of girl... always teasing her Daddy. She LOVES to play, and recently has loved cuddling. I am so grateful to have her as a part of our lives. She brings so much joy & sunshine into our home.

When Hallie was born, Brian and I had chosen Camille as a middle name, but as the day went on, it didn't feel right. Brian then thought of the word in spanish (Saga I think is how you say it) which means Sage in English, and he asked me what I thought. I told him I loved it! We looked it up and the name Sage means "wise," which fit even more perfectly. I had felt many times during my pregnancy, that the baby I was carrying was very wise, and had a really strong & important mission to complete in this life.
I am amazed at how smart this little girl is. I might be in trouble in a couple of years if she gets to smart though. :)

I am so grateful for her! I'm grateful for all 3 of my kids, but there is something so special about babies... maybe it's the satisfaction of being needed so desperatly by another little person, that you do anything & everything for them because you know they can't do it themselves.
I LOVE this little Chick so much! I'm excited to watch her grow even more.
Happy Birthday Hallie... I Love you with all my heart!
There's that winner smile!

I did want to put this on here, just in case your interested. ; ) I love the meaning of names.

Our kids names mean....

Morgan: Girl by the seashore
(Definatly Morgan! Morgan is the kind of girl that is fine with the flow of things. She would be fine just walking calmly along the seashore all day, and taking in the peace and calmness around her)

Jackson: Full of Personality
(Now really, do I need to explain anything here? I think the meaning & name explain Jackson 100% perfectly.) :)

Hallie: High-Spirited
Hallie is always happy & ready to play, or ready for action. I really can see her be a positive & happy little girl who is always optimistic.

And what the heck... here's our names too :)

Melissa: Honey Bee, or sweet as Honey... doesn't that describe me PERFECTLY! ha ha ha never
moody or ornery, always pleasant & sweet... maybe you should double check with my family before
you think of that as 100% accurate. :)

Brian: Man of strength & honor
Well, I think you all know that Brian is really STRONG, although,
according to Jackson, "Daddy isn't very strong like uncle Jared,
because Uncle Jared can climb to the top of our big cement wall in
our backyard (yes, we have a HUGE cement wall in our backyard)
and Daddy can't. " I think Brian's strong though. :) Maybe this
means "mentally/spiritually" strong . And Brian is a man of
honor. He is very honest, and always does what he knows is best.
* Well, there's a little more about our family... hope you enjoyed it! :)
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Ben and Darci said...

I absolutely love the first picture. Make me excited to have a little gal :) Hallie is SO cute. What a sweet little girl. I'm sure she is getting lots and hugs and kisses on this special day.

Shane and Jamie Smith said...

Happy Birthday little Hallie, I cant believe she is 1 already, I totally remember last year looking at your blog everyday waiting to see if you had her!!! She is such a doll, what a sweetie!! Mel where did you get the flower that is on her headband.... I just want to squeeze her and give her a big hug she is so darn cute!!1

jen said...

Wow, she really does look like she's growing up! Jared was happy to hear that Jackson thinks he's cool :) I think that made his night :)

Melanie said...

These photos of her are so cute! I can't believe how big she is. I swear I just came and visited at your house the day you brought her home. Wow time flies!

The Heaton's said...

I can't believe one year has already come and gone. She is such a special and darling little girl! The girls had her birthday marked on the calendar and reminded me first thing this morning it was Hallie's birthday! I love the meanings of all your names! They are a perfect fit! She does look so grown up in those pictures! I love the sweet smile!

Crazy Livin' said...

She is such a mix of Morgan and jackson...and SO adorable with her chubby little cheeks I want to kiss them. :O) I hope all is going well. I love you, and really think about coming down all the time, i just need to do it.
I love you
Love Ali

Kristi said...

She is such a sweetheart!!! I cant believe our babies are one already! Happy Birthday Hallie!!!

Alexis said...

I think you all have the perfect names. and do you all live up to your names or what? And Hallie looks so cute.

Frampton Family said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HALLIE BABY!!! She is an absolute doll! I can't believe how grown up she looks. Melissa, you did and AMAZING job on these pictures. They capture her little personality so well.

Lena said...

Oh Melissa! I love the way you catch her personality in those photos! They are just beautiful as is little Hallie. I can't believe she is one already either.

Jbird08 said...

How old is this little chick? Wow she looks like a 3 year old. Love the photos and journal.